If you’re like me, you might be getting a bit stir crazy being quarantined due to this COVID-19 outbreak. You also might be feeling some anxiety due to all of the panic and chaos surrounding us. I am actively trying to stay positive and find the light in an otherwise dark time.
It is easy to point out all of the negatives and difficulties that are so apparent at this time, but it’s important to try to find a positive takeaway from some of this. Otherwise, you’re just going to be mizzz. I am actively making an effort to stay somewhat regimented and not just lay around in my pajamas all day (though I happen to be very good at this). Waking up by a certain time, creating a schedule and goals, making my bed, getting dressed, and being able to say I accomplished something by the end of the day, helps keep me going and gives my day more purpose. Basically, I’m trying to make the most of this time and use it to be productive and better myself rather than to regress and fall into a funk.
Here are some things to consider doing while cooped up at home…
- Have an at home spa day – Throw on your favorite face mask, serums, oils, the whole nine yards. Take a bath, bath salts, bubbles and all. Treat yourself and indulge in YOU.
- Clean and organize – Take this as an opportunity to purge things that you don’t need, clean up your space, and just get your things in order. This can be a large project like your closet or even your entire home, or something as small as your purse or a drawer. You’ve got to start somewhere.
- Do a puzzle or play a game – Whether you do this by yourself or you live with a roommate, family member, or significant other, pull out a puzzle, your favorite board game, etc. I have this double sided Gray Malin puzzle that I’m thinking about putting together.
- Cook or bake – Baking and cooking can be very relaxing and therapeutic. Go on Pinterest and find some new recipes or throw something together yourself!
- Read a book – What interests you? Make a cup of tea, cozy up, and read about it.
- Listen to a podcast – There are lots of great ones out there. Some I like are the Goop Podcast and The Skinny Confidential.
- Work on a project – Whether its creating a vision board, reorganizing your closet, or getting crafty, start a new project or complete that one you’ve been putting off.
- Workout – Whether you throw together your own HIIT workout, stream a workout class, or do a yoga practice, get in some movement. Take care of your body.
- Learn something new – Research a topic you find interesting or learn a new language. I’ve been interested in learning more about nutrition and different kinds of diets, so I’ve been exploring online resources.
- Online shop – Retail therapy anyone? I’ve noticed a few sales popping up here and there!
- Call your loved ones – Just because you may not be able to physically be with your friends or family, doesn’t mean you can’t keep in touch. You can use this as an opportunity to reconnect by reaching out to old friends as well.
- Movie marathon/binge-watch a show – There are lots of movies and shows on Netflix to watch. Whether you want to try something new or rewatch Grey’s Anatomy for the 3rd time, like me lol, get your mind elsewhere in a tv program or movie.